Prepare authentic dishes with this beautiful handcrafted molcajete mortar and pestle set, from Festmex. UNIQUE:Beautifully handcrafted from top-quality volcanic rock by one of Mexico's most skilled artisans. Due to the nature of stone carving, there may be small variations in each piece, adding to their handmade, slightly imperfect charm. Created from solidified lava, Jalisco's volcanic rock is recognized worldwide for its properties. HEAVY AND DURABLE:Large 8"" Molcajete mortar with included pestle. Because of the natural characteristics of the volcanic rock, it is ideal for grinding, in addition to it's resistance to heat. Perfect for use in the oven to cook or gratin your best dishes. VERSATILITY:Use it as a centerpiece to present your hot or cold dishes such as guacamole, cheese gratin, cuts of meat in stew, salsas and more. It is also a useful kitchen tool to grind and crush spices, herbs, salt, coffee beans, and prepare countless authentic dishes, bringing out the full flavor and aroma of all the cooking ingredients. SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:Festmex covers your purchase with our 100% money-back guarantee for any defects in quality or worksmanship. If our product fails to meet your expectations, just email us for a hassle-free replacement or refund. Included with your product you will receive instructions on how to cure your mortar. Molcajete Mortar measurements: 8"" Diameter x 4 3/8"" H, Total Weight 7.9 lbs (including pestle).
- 🌋 GENUINE HAND CARVED IN MEXICO: Plain Base Molcajete Made from Natural Volcanic Rock from the Popocatepetl Volcano
- 🌶️ USES: The volcanic stone provides the ideal grinding surface for spices or making delicious fresh 🥑Guacamole, but also pulverize nuts, seeds, ginger root and garlic and make homemade salad dressing, sauces and condiments, such as fresh mustard, pesto, salsa, chutneys and more. Widely used in pharmacies and apothecaries as well.
- 📏MEASUREMENTS: Molcajete (Mortar) measures approx. 8-1/2-inch diameter by 5-inches tall; Tejolote is approx. 4-inches long with a 2-1/2-inch diameter grinding end (Measurements are Approximate since the Molcajetes are 100% Individually ✋Handmade)
- 🌶️ CURING YOUR MORTERO: The mortar includes a card with easy instructions on How to Cure the Molcajete. Rest assure that these molcajetes are made to last a lifetime.
- 🌶️ The molcajete (machucador) has been used for Thousands of years as the way to crush, grind and powder herbs and dry spices. Contrary to an electric grinder or crusher, the age-old, durable, traditional manual grinding method ensures that all cooking ingredients bring out their full flavor and aroma profiles, allowing you to further control their texture and make delicious, chunk-free dishes.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.